Much of who and what we are today, a great family campground on the coast of Oregon, has everything to do with the development of our surrounding areas of Seaside, Warrenton, and Astoria.
Clatsop County had been inhabited for thousands of years by the native Clatsop Indians. In 1803, this area was purchased and became part of the US Territory.
The Lewis & Clark Corps of Discovery spent part of the winter of 1805 near the mouth of the Columbia River. The information they returned east with created a westward expansion of settlers.
In 1818 the British lost the war and again, Astoria belonged to the U.S. Territory. By 1825 Astoria was abandoned. During the 1830s, missionaries came to this area to convert the local tribes.
Astoria was soon booming, due to a thriving fishing industry that lasted for more than a century. Fort Stevens was established in 1863 during the Civil War and used until the end of WWII. Now a museum, Fort Stevens has remained a large part of the area's history.
In 1870, Daniel Warren, the founder of Warrenton, began work to improve the land he purchased. Warrenton is now the fastest growing city in the county. Clatsop County is full of living history, from Fort Clatsop, Fort Stevens and historical downtown Astoria to the surrounding communities of Warrenton and Seaside.
We're 'Thinking Green'!
If there's one thing that we know about at the Astoria Warrenton Seaside KOA, it's being green. After all, we're surrounded by beautiful trees, lush grasses and some of the most beautiful landscape Oregon has to offer.
We're dedicated to keeping our KOA as beautiful as it can be. That's why we use sturdy, yet biodegradable paper and plastics in our food service areas, and offer conveniently located recycling bins for our guests' use. In 2009, we even took it one step further, installing efficiency lighting throughout our campground.
By doing our part to keep our environment clean, the Astoria Warrenton Seaside KOA will continue to be a beautiful adventure for you and your family for generations to come.